We would like to re-encode our MySQL database fro Latin1 to UTF8 and I read that its not just changing the Database encoding to UTF8 but also changing existing characters entered in the database to UTF8.
I did some search and found out that the correct way to do this is using ICONV however I am new to this so I do not know how to do it. I have already installed the LibIconv software that I found in this link: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/libiconv.htm
But I do not know where to start and what to do.
Here is my System:
OS: Windows XP SP2
SOftware for Testing: XAMMP
Can you tell me steo by step on how to change the encoding . I know this is the one to use:
iconv -f latin1 -t utf8 db_name_data.sql > db_name_data_utf8.sql
but I do not know where to do this. Here is the source that I found.