The goal I am trying to reach is to be path fault tolerant. We currently have a DS 4700 hocked up to an IBM blade center 8677. The blade center only has one I/O switch which is a 4gb qlogic switch. We went ahead and purchased another qlogic switch which is the same model. My questions are
1. How do I setup this other switch? I have it installed in I/O bay 4 and can telnet into it. Is there any config to the switch itself that needs to be done?
2. Do I take controller B and hock it up to the second switch without configuring anything on the SAN or blade center? I would ahead and tried this and it did not work. So I am taking it there is some config on the switch or blade center. Controller A and B are currently hocked up to the first I/O switch.
3. Do I have to change any settings on the qlogic fiber card on the blades themselves? IE qlogic bois settings?
4. Is there anything else I am leaving out to make this multi-path fault tolerant system?
5. If you need any more information about the setup just let me know.