After a PC rebuild (new Windows and applications install), a batch file step, started by a scheduled task has suddenly failed to execute properly. The scheduled task normally runs at night when the user is logged off.
A PC printer problem prompted a network admin to reinstall OS and applications on client PC. The schedued task was copied from old system to post-rebuild system. As part of my diagnosis and attempt to fix the problem, I deleted and created a new (identical) scheduled task.
The batch file step that fails starts MS-Access97 and starts a macro in the database.
When the batch file is launched from Windows Explorer, it runs correctly.
When the scheduled task is run manually, the batch file runs correctly.
I've checked the security permissions for the msaccess.exe and the database being opened. They match the security credentials of the scheduled task. The scheduled task user credential is a local admin.
I've added enough logging to the batch file that I can see the early steps, executing JetComp, run successfully. I know that the msaccess.exe and database are visible to the batch file.
The OS version is WinXP.