I'm using the DataAssist extension in Dreamweaver and having some problems. I use the DataAssist Wizard to generate these pages:
Search, Detail, Update, Results
Everything seems to work perfectly with all the functionality working, except for the following two problems:
1. When I try to view a detail page, the link does not work. The field that I am trying to link on is a 15-digit number. By default, the wizard declares the variables below as "double" data type, and the the link does not work. When I change the data type from "double" to "decimal" as shown below, the linking works:
$query_WADAtblproperties = sprintf("SELECT * FROM tblproperties WHERE Roll = %s OR ( -1= %s AND Roll= %s)", GetSQLValueString($ParamRoll_WADAtblproperties, "decimal"),GetSQLValueString($ParamRoll2_WADAtblpr operties, "decimal"),GetSQLValueString($ParamSessionRoll_WAD Atblproperties, "decimal"));
Does this fix that I somehow discovered make sense? Should I need to be playing around with the data types after the wizard has created the pages? I don't know if making this change is somehow causing my second problem.
2. The second problem is that the links to the Detail and Update pages are working only intermittently at best. For example,
- some records link correctly to the correct Detail and Update pages;
- some records result in 'No Record Found', but should be finding records; and
- some records link to the wrong Detail and Update pages. Although the correct record number is shown in the URL, the resulting WADADetailsContainer displays data from a different record. i.e. record 1 shown in URL, but record 2 details displayed in container.
Those are my two problems. If someone can help me figure these out I would be eternally grateful. Kind regards,