As of 11:00 am 04/10/10 I have lost all ability to access my clients websites via FTP.
I have been working with these site using FTP for over a year...
I use a browser (IE6 or Firefox) Or I use FTP at the command prompt. with the same end result...
all attempts end with repeated requests for login name and password.
I can logon to my web host provider control panel and verify names and passwords and all i correct.
The techs at my web hosting provider can FTP from their computers usin the same names and passwords that I have setup in the FTP panel with the host.
I have tried 4 different computers within my office with the same results....
I use a router with T1 access with AT&T (hope AT&T has not made some type of change)
I have turned off the routers firewall, IP restrictions, site restrictions etc, No firewall on my computer, turned off my anti virus / spyware software, deleted cookies, saved passwords, cache, browser history etc from IE6 browser.
Still cannot ftp out to my sites...
I can FTP.microsoft.com
and it returns several directories and indicates that I am connected.