I am unable to use Remote Desktop from my Windows Server 2008 SP2 to connect to my laptop running Windows XP SP3, even though:
1. Both the server and the laptop are on the same subnet.
2. The firewall has been disabled on the laptop.
3. I have no other firewall or other software running on my Windows XP SP3 laptop that would block Remote Desktop connections.
4. All the latest Windows updates have been installed on both the server and the Windows XP laptop.
5. I get responses while pinging my laptop from my server and while pinging my server from my laptop.
I have performed standard troubleshooting, but still have not been able to use Remote Desktop to connect to my laptop from my server.
What can I do to fix this problem so that I will be able to use Remote Desktop to connect from my Windows 2008 server to my Windows XP laptop?