Inherited richtextbox control keeps defaulting to MS Sans Serif

I've written a custom control in VB.NET 2005 that is based on the RichTextBox. It seems to insist on defaulting to Microsoft Sans Serif 8pt no matter what I do, however. I want it to default to the Arial font, size 10. I've ensured this is set in the control's designer and even in the New() sub of the custom control. I've even gone so far as to explicitly set the font at runtime in the program that is using this control, but it always defaults to Microsoft Sans Serif.

If I use the change font dialog that I built into the control, the font can be changed. It's just that I can't seem to get the default font set properly. Any ideas as to why it's behaving like this?
LVL 1
elorcAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

fcoperezhnCommented:
It would be helpful if you posted some code.

Check the form's font. This may be the problem.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
elorcAuthor Commented:
Unfortuntely due to the nature of the project I can't post the code. I know that makes it a lot more complicated.

I tried changing the font of the form that the control is on and it had no effect. One thing I didn't try was changing the font of the user control's "form" so I will check that when I get back to my desk.
elorcAuthor Commented:
Setting the base font didn't help. After trying everything I could think of, I deleted the control from the form and added it back in. It started working as intended then. I don't understand why it needed to be removed and re-added. Prior to that I had tried cleaning/rebuilding the project, which I imagine would have the same effect.

Anyway, it works now. Thanks for responding.
elorcAuthor Commented:
This wasn't the solution to the problem but thank you for responding so quickly with your recommendation!
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Visual Basic Classic

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.