I have a client who uses ACT! 9 (2007 I think) in a workgroup environment. There are 2 WinXP Pro PCs, one has the database and the other accesses it through a net share.
He was using it up until this morning without a problem. He tried to launch ACT but nothing happens. He also tried to launch Outlook and it starts but hangs before it gets to the messages screen.
There's an ActSage process and an ACT.Outlook.Service process running and the ACT.Outlook.Service is taking about 50% of the CPU time.
I've done the following:
- Run an antivirus sweep with Norton.
- Run a spyware sweep with MalwareBytes.
- Run the ACT installation CD in repair mode.
- Run the ACTDiag utility. Errors came up when I launched it. Research showed that the SQL password had been lost. I reset the password and the ACTDiag utility would then launch without error but ACT still won't launch.
- Tried to access the ACT database from the other computer. It won't launch there either.
- I tried to do a System Restore but none of the restore points are working.
I'm not an ACT guy and I'm out of ideas. Any help is greatly appreciated!