Hello, Been working on MDT and Windows 7 Deployment..very cool so far, and annying at the same time.
However, I have a couple questions.
1. I have been use to using Rdeploy to deploy XP images, now doing it through MDT/WDS is a bit diffeent. It seems like when I deploy a W7 image via WDS/MDT, it goes through the entire install (copying windows files / expanding windows files / installing features / etc... on the client pc...takes forever. Is there a way to bring down the image quicker? Like it was using rdeploy? Or do I have to wait for it to do the entire OS install and add my custom wim?
2. How can I change the text in Installation Progress? --where it says 'IT Organization'...any ideas?
3. Can I change the PE background during boot?
4. And for my clarification - Is the Unattend.xml basically the same as my CustomSettings.ini? or what are the differences?
5. If I capture an image, import into MDT along with the full source files, what do I do if I want to modify that captureed image in the future? Is the WIM just the changes? Meaning I can load the mentiond image, add more modificationg/changes, then re-sysprep and use that new WIM as well? I would then have 2 custom WIMs and full source in the Deployment share....hope that makes sense. just looking for best practice to modify base images.....