For a Crystal XI report, I get the error "Failed to retrieve data from the database" only when I scroll to the very last page of the report. Now, this report is somewhat unique in that I am pulling most of the data from a SQL database but some of the data from an Excel spreadsheet. Specifically, each column of the spreadssheet represents a month of the year and the parameter used by Crystal is based on month of the year.
And, this error only happens if the prior month (in this case March) is retrieved by the parameter.
After clicking "OK" to the error, I subsequently get the error "Details: 22007 [Microsoft] [SQL Native Client] [SQL Server] Conversion failed when converting datetime from character string [Database Vendor Code: 241]".
So, as a continued means of troubleshooting, I decided to pull the Excel data onto a separate blank report. Upon trying to do so, I got the following error: "The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file.......It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data".