Exchange ActiveSync returned an HTTP 500 response.

I know there are plenty of solutions to active sync out there on the web, and I think I have tried 90% of them, but I just can't get Active Sync working.  I'm using which gives me the error "Exchange ActiveSync returned an HTTP 500 response"  I have gone through MS recommendations found at and many others.  Active sync was working fine on this server.  It's an SBS 2003 serverSP2 with Exchange SP2.  It stopped working after it was hosted in a VM environment.  IP addresses have changed for the server (internal and External) but the SSL is still correct and I have changed IIS Default Web server from (All Unassigned) to the internal IPs and back again testing both settings.
I have also enabled and disabled forms based authentication and disabled again testing between changed after resetting IIS.

Any one out there able to help?

Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Have you checked the directory security settings in IIS for IP address for:


Under Default Web Sites bring up properties for above, then Directory security tab and click edit in IP address and domain name restrictions. In there make sure you have your new internal IP address of the server and not the old one.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
dcleaverAuthor Commented:
Hi Saku99.

What a star.  The problem was exchange-oma IP address was still set to the old server.  I have spent hours and hours on this.  Why didn't I ak the question earlier :-)
Thank you so much!
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Windows Server 2003

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.