Whatever happened to What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) ???????
I have a massive Delphi 7 application that we have recently upgraded to Delphi 2009.
When I look at the application in the Delphi 2009 IDE on my Windows 7 PC, I notice that all the objects with text are 8pt MS Sans Serif. But they are bigger than they should be.
I am using 64 bit Windows 7 Professional with small fonts set in the DPI setting.
So here are some very weird things that need explaining...
1) Why does the MS Sans Serif font appear bigger in the Delphi 2009 IDE - but when you run the application the font is the same saize as it used to be in Delphi 7 on Win XP?
2) What should I do to resolve this - ie so Delphi IDE is same as the final application?
3) What font should we use in our applications to get some consistency between the following?
* The Delphi 2009 IDE
* Windows XP
* Windows Vista
* Windows 7
4) What are the techniques to develop delphi applications for all windows font issues?
5) Why do both Delphi 2009 AND MS Wordpad have the MS Sans Serif font BUT MS Word does not have the font?