I am in VB right now and we have this project and I really have no clue where to start. heres the directions. If I could get some guidance I would appreciate it. Im a beginner so this stuff is pretty hard for me!
Design an automobile class. Use this class as part of a collection that tracks cars available for sale at Doug’s Honest Motors. Design the User Interface that you will use to manage the data for this used car lot.
• VIN 5 - digit string - may be letters or numbers (real VIN’s are 17 digits)
• Make (Ford, Chevrolet, Ferrari, etc.)
• Model (Taurus, Impala, Enzo, etc.)
• Car Type String Enumeration
¿ Sports Car
• Color String, 25 character maximum
• Miles Single (cannot be negative – we are Honest, remember?)
• Proposed Price Decimal (What we are asking for the car)
• Actual Price Decimal (What we actually sell it for)
• Our Cost Decimal (What we paid for the vehicle)
• Description String, 80 character maximum.
Auto Collection Methods
• Find Load the property information about an auto given the VIN
• Load Load the auto information from a file into your collection.
• Save Save the auto information to a file from your collection.
• Remove Delete an auto from the current collection of autos
• Add Add an auto to the collection of autos
• Be able add additional autos to the existing file. (5 points)
• Be able delete autos from the existing file. (5 points)
• Be able edit auto information in the existing file. (5 points)
• Create a file for motor information if one does not exist. (5 points)
• The class has the above properties. (5 points)
• The “Car Type” property uses an enumeration the associated enumeration (5 points)
• The collection can save the data to a file. (10 points)
• The collection can load the data from a file. (10 points)
• Use a collection to hold your auto objects (10 points)
• Create an input form that uses the class and collection. (5 points)
• Insert at least 10 autos into a file. (5 points)
• Create a form that allows the user to…
o view all autos in the File. (20 points)
o view all auto of a specific Car Type . (10 points)
• Use proper control naming. (5 points)
• Use proper comments. (5 points)
• Program crashes (-5 points per occurrence)
for what a VIN really signifies)