I would like to run a VMWare environement using shared storage. My options are as follows:
Each would have two for redundency:
1. QNas TS-809-U-Pro (cost approx $2500 configured with 4TB)
2. DataCorp SanMelody (this would run on a Windows Server 2008 machine) (Cost about the same)
3. Another option that is comparably priced SAN that you recommend. (I don't want a high end SAN from IBM, DELL or HP which costs around $5-10K similarly configured).
Please let me know the following:
1. Which SAN do you recommend and why?
2. How would you configured it?
3. What type of NIC cards would you use?
4. What switch would you use?