We are a school having multiple wireless access point installed. We have three CISCO 1200 wireless access point installed across the long corridor. All APs use same SSID and Channel 11.
We have 30 Dell Vostro 1520Laptops and I am having trouble with laptops not getting IP addresses and ended up with ‘Limited or No Connectivity’ error message’. Once Laptops get this error message it will take long time to renew the IP address.
This problem is very random when laptop get ip address it will work for good 15-20 minutes and then they will start looking for the IP addresses.
Event Viewer shows Event ID 1003: Your computer was not able to renew its ip address from the network (from the DHCP server) for the network Card with Network Address.
Event ID 1007: Your Computer has automatically configured the IP address for the Network Card with network address. The IP address is being used is 169.254.139.151
I have used network cable when I get this error message and it connects perfectly using network cable.
I have taken following steps to resolve the issue but no luck
1. Restarting the Laptops, IPconfig/ Renew and Release when they can not get IP addresses
2. I have re-imaged all the laptop with ghost to avoid same SID issue and duplicate DNS records.
3. We have access points above the ceiling and I have tried having antenna upwards and sideways.
4. Deleting DNS records from DNS server.
5. Uninstalled Dell wireless utility and currently using only Windows Wireless Utility.
6. I have used nets tumbler to determine signal Strength and Noise level. I am not too sure how the graph works on it but the average Signal Strength is -50db and Noise level is -100db.
Let me know what else can be done to resolve this issue.