We are a Server 2008/mixed Windows XP/7 environment. I have a remote user that VPNs into our network to access network resources, one of which is a network share. When he remotes in, he can access the resources and the network share folder that I have given him permissions for; however, there are two folders he cannot access even though his permissions are exactly the same on all the folders.
Not sure if this is helpful: This is a new notebook running Windows 7. I had it here in our offices, set VPN up, tested it logged in as the user and everything was fine; then, sent it to the user. He needed other folders available so I updated his permissions. The folder structure is:
Network drive (has access)
Folder1 (has access)
Subfolder1 (has access)
Subfolder2 (has access)
Subfolder3 (originally had no access, now has access)
Subfolder4 (originally had no access, has access)
Subfolder5 (originally had no access, now has access)
Subfolder6 (no access)
Subfolder7 (no access)
Tried creating a test folder and he couldn't access that folder either.
I checked to make sure he is not working offline and manually tried syncing the folders but it says it is not available or he may not have the correct permissions. I also tried flushing his DNS cache.
I had him try logging off and on and also restarting his computer. I'm wondering if it's something to do with caching.
Not sure what to try next.