We are using WSS 3.0 and Office 2007, and I have a user who is having problems opening an Excel 2003 file on SharePoint. When attempted to open, error says "Conversion failed" and document does not open. No Excel files open.
We have rebooted the PC
We have ran the Office Diagnostic
We checked the SP2 installation
We named the file
No change, error still occurs and cannot open file. When saved to the local hard drive, the file opens and saves just fine. Its only from SharePoint where it fails. When a SharePoint Admin logs in to the site, he can open and save files with no problems. This user is not an admin.