I’ve just reformatted 1.44 TB LUN from my Dell MD3000i iSCSI SAN this was a Linux Ext3/FS RDM attached into one of my VM in on ESXi02 host, i did the following:
1. detaching the RDM from the VM
2. formatting it from the Dell SAN management software
3. present it to both host of ESXi01 and ESXi02 so that this new LUN can be shared together as VMFS.
4. Go to any of the ESXi01 or 02 settings and then add this datastore, format it with 8 MB block size and then make it available to both hosts by creating proper naming.
Today suddenly it went missing without no apparent reason or error? I’ve patch both host few days ago and restart both host and the new LUN was still ok yesterday, but today it went missing so I had to reformat it again from the VCenter from Datastores view.
1. Rescan datastore – nothing appears
2. Refresh the datastore view from both hosts - nothing appears as well ?
I wonder what was happening before and I couldn’t imagine if those LUN got data in it?
Any kind of comment and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Vcenter Server 4.0 208111
VMware ESXi 4.0 244038