we are experiencing a problem in database mirroring with MSSQL 2005 64 bit SP1 .
we have the following setup in HA mode with principal, mirror and a Witness .
The issue occurs in the step6
1. Initially 10.1.6.17 was Principal and 10.1.6.27 was Mirror.
2. First 10.1.6.17 was powered off. . Fail-over was proper and output files were observed for 20 mins.
3. After that 10.1.6.17 was powered back on, and 10.1.6.27 became the Principal.
4. Next 10.1.6.27 was powered off.
5. correct output resumed after that.
6. But after some times, the status of the database server became Principal/Disconnected/Recovery and output files again became of wrong size.
7. In the SQL server logs of 10.1.6.17 it was mentioned that the connection to Witness was lost after 50 secs (The configured timeout period).
8. There was no visible connection loss between the database server and the witness.
9. These tests were repeated number of times and the pattern of the results was the same.