I currently have System Center Operations Manager 2007 but would like reformat the machine and reload Windows 2003 (or 2008) and System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2.
I inherited this install.
The performance is currently terrible and this machine has tons of hardware to offer. Patches were neglected, SQL was used to test for other projects etc...
1. What is the best way to either export or report on everything that was monitored (Management Packs, alerts and computers associated with those alerts/MPs)
2. What certificates will I need to reproduce? Where should I look if they are service level?
3. What crucial information can I document before the whole server is gone?
4. What about upgrading existing agents?
5. What is the best way to partition the drive (raid 5 with 5 drives) when SQL will live on the same box (C: system, D: data, E: logs? and should I just do one raid 5 with all five drives) Where should SQL & Ops Manager be installed?
Thanks for your time in advance!