Slow loading website problems

Hello!

I don't know if anyone can shed any light on this, but I am trying to maintain a website and I would say about 98% of it loads. The problem is that the remaining 2% has really important information that allows me to log onto the site that is on the bottom. It just hangs and says "read i4.ytimg" or "transferring i4.ytimg".

Anyone have any ideas? The website is to411daily.com. Thanks for any advice!
joanna_lAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

morfytasticCommented:
ytimg is where YouTube stores its videos, so the connection problem is a YouTube bug.

For a solution -
Add this line to your windows HOSTS file:

74.125.162.39 static.cache.l.google.com s.ytimg.com

In windows 7 / Vista, it is located in
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
0
joanna_lAuthor Commented:
Hi morfytastic - thanks for your input!

I was hoping that you could clarify - does this mean that the problem is on my computer? I know that others are having the same problem with the page loading.
0
lazysheepmediaCommented:
Hi Joanna

It means that th econnection to youtube is slowing things down

Any information/media loaded from an external site will slow yours down if it is experiencing a slow connection

Try removing the component/module or just the file on that pag that is got from youtube and see the difference

hth

regards

mark
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
morfytasticCommented:
As far as I'm aware a lot of people are having problems with this, particularly in IE & FF. It seems ok in Chrome and Opera. It's a Youtube problem that they seem to be slow to sort out...
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Web-Based CMS

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.