Hi there,, i installed Apache 2.0 (enabled SSL) and i did two virtual hosts with different names,
by editing httpd.conf file
1. I want to configure my web server so that each virtual host records its access log to a separate file. and each log entry must contain the Common Log Format and the User-Agent and Referer fields. Additionally, the log should only record the IP address of the web client, not the hostname?
i want to configure my web server for the following security measures:
2. how to to create an admin group for authentication i.e the admin directory of the my server name is protected with basic authentication and only members of this group may be permitted to access the admin.
3. In private directory in my server name, i want to be accessible only through the secure server (HTTP over SSL). and also how to hosts only on a local computer network.
4. how to create another group (called logger) for authentication and configure my web server such that the logs directory of the my virtual host is accessible only for members of logger and admin group (using basic authentication) or for anyone who access from within the local computer network.
5. In the admin directory of the my virtual host, how can be protected except that it is protected with digest instead of basic authentication.
kindly i need answers to those questions in nice steps (please i don't want any links for explanation)