If I, supposedly, have a standards compliant browser, why won't it work on experts-exchange?
Problems include slooooooow loading of pages, and buttons that don't work, or features that aren't available or even seen.
I used to use the default browser ID which is "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.5) KHTML/3.5.10 (like Gecko)". I also had "Add operating system name" checked.
Because I experienced problems on other sites I started by unchecking "Add operating system name". That helped, but I found that not sending any browser identification worked even better on the sites I was having problems with. So my settings now are "don't send any browser ID".
I'm thinking bad programming, such as asking if this is an MS browser rather than does this JS capability exist is the culprit, but would like to know for sure--very annoying.