+ My Windows XP Professional SP2 laptop died this weekend.
+ I have roughly 120GB of backup files on a Maxtor Onetouch II 300GB external hard drive.
+ There are multiple restore points (7-10, I think).
+ All backups were created with Retrospect HD Express on my Windows laptop.
+ I loaded the Tuxera NTFS plugin (NTFS-3G) so that my Mac Pro [OS X 10.5.8] could recognize the drive.
+ There is one Retrospect folder with 800-odd .rdb files.
+ I talked to Seagate Cust Svc (owners of Maxtor) and they gave me Retrospect 5.0 for Mac.
+ I cannot get it to a) find an existing backup catalog or b) rebuild a catalog from the existing backup files.
1) shouldn't I be able to get at these files on the Mac?
2) if so, I have tried working through the following in Retrospect 5.0 (on the Mac):
- Immediate --> Restore --> "Restore files from a backup" --> Rebuild
- Tools --> Repair --> "Repair file backup set"
- Configure --> Devices (the Maxtor doesn't show up on the list of devices, even though Finder sees it and can access the drive...)
No success with any of these.
BTW, I also borrowed a friend's XP SP3 laptop and tried loading the Retrospect software to see if it would work, but Seagate Cust Svc confirmed that SP3, Vista and Windows 7 won't work. That's why I am trying on the Mac.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
P.S. This is my first question, so not sure how clear I've been. Happy to provide additional info as required. Thanks again...