We help IT Professionals succeed at work.

Event ID: 5156, Publishing, and Publishing Provisioning events in the Applicatoin Event Log

I'm curious if anyone here knows what is going on with this server.  So far, I have not been able to pinpoint what exactly these errors are being generated for...it doesn't say which files were not found, etc.

Looking in Server Manager at the Application Event Log, I see a lot of errors showing up.  Most of them are of the form of:

Level: Error
Source: Office SharePoint Server
Event ID: 5165
Task Category: Publishing

Level: Error
Source: Office SharePoint Server
Event ID: 4965
Task Category: Publishing Provisioning



The 5165 Event ID gives this statement in the description:
Console Configuration File Error: File Not Found: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)


The 4965 Event ID gives this statement in the description:
Event log message was: 'Failed to initialize some site properties for Web at Url: 'http://servername/IS/humanresources''. Exception was: 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.GetMetadataForUrl(String bstrUrl, Int32 METADATAFLAGS, Guid& pgListId, Int32& plItemId, Int32& plType, Object& pvarFileOrFolder)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetMetadataForUrl(String bstrUrl, Int32 METADATAFLAGS, Guid& pgListId, Int32& plItemId, Int32& plType, Object& pvarFileOrFolder)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetMetadataForUrl(String relUrl, Int32 mondoProcHint, Guid& listId, Int32& itemId, Int32& typeOfObject, Object& fileOrFolder)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetList(String strUrl)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.Store.GetListByUrl(SPWeb web, String listUrlName)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.LongRunningOperationJob.<>c__DisplayClassb.<Start>b__1()
   at Microsoft.Office.Server.Diagnostics.FirstChanceHandler.ExceptionFilter(Boolean fRethrowException, TryBlock tryBlock, FilterBlock filter, CatchBlock catchBlock, FinallyBlock finallyBlock)
   at Microsoft.Office.Server.Diagnostics.ULS.SendWatsonOnExceptionTag(ULSTagID tagID, ULSCat categoryID, String output, Boolean fRethrowException, TryBlock tryBlock, CatchBlock catchBlock, FinallyBlock finallyBlock)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.LongRunningOperationJob.<>c__DisplayClassb.<Start>b__0()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.LongRunningOperationJob.Start(SPWeb currentUserWeb)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.PublishingWeb.InheritAvailableWebTemplates(Boolean useSynchronous, String successUrl, String failureUrl, OperationFinished finishOperation, Boolean throwExceptionOnFailure)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.PublishingWeb.InheritAvailableWebTemplates()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.AreaProvisioner.InitializePublishingWebDefaults()'

I'd appreciate any comments, as I haven't found anything yet to help resolve the issues.
Comment
Watch Question

Author

Commented:
I really was hoping that someone might have had an inkling of what could be giving these errors.  I guess I'll try to rebuild my test server yet again and find out.  The first test that I built up never received these errors...so it's been hard to replicate.

Author

Commented:
CS97jjm3,

Thanks for the link.  I had already read that one, and thought, that I found that we had no database corruption...however with no other plausible explanation, we rebuilt the server and everything seems to be working correctly for the time being.  

I want to thank you for the link...even though I had read it, it reaffirmed the suspicion that something WAS going on in the database that would cause the problems that we were having.

My apologies for the delay in getting back, as well...I was out on business.  

Author

Commented:
Complete rebuild after site backups were accomplished and so far, no unforeseen errors have reared their ugly heads.  Thanks for the affirmation on what the problem most likely was!