I was just reviewing an existing SRST (Survivable Remote site telephony) template that's currently in use by our iptel team to test redudnacy scenarios. Briefly speaking, the overall design is a CUCM cluster with pubs and subs split across 2 data centres; and then branch sites connect to those clusters. The SRST template is being used to test redundancy scenarios. If any experts out there are able to provide some valuable feedback/input into the template that's currently in use so we can test any scenarios that aren't included in it, that will be great help ! Goal is to improvize this existing SRST template.
1. Disable Local Site E1 to ensure call re-routes via core voice gateway
2. Simulate primary call manager failure so that IP phones register to secondary Call Manager
3. Force local gateway to re-register with secondary CM instead of primary CM.
4. Simulate a true outage to see if SRST (Call-Manager-fall back) works
5. Test AAR by limiting the bandwidth in Location so calls are re-routed via PSTN.
6. Test individual E1's by shutting one down and check if calls can be recieved/sent over the other E1.
7. Check UPS power supply by switching off first one/second one turn by turn.