We help IT Professionals succeed at work.

SBS2008 , XP clients: Client side extensions failure.

Hello, I've been testing a dry run migration from SBS2003 to SBS2008.
By and large it has gone well however XP client PCs, after logging into the domain, I noticed that I can't see mapped drives and I get the "working offline" message on the taskbar.

Looking at the event viewer I can see the event ID 106, Folder redirection failed.
After that:
Event ID: 1085 Client side extension failure.

I did install SP3 and Client side extensions on this PC and when I log onto the same server with the same user ID, but on a Windows 7 (64 bit) pc, it all works fine, so it seems to be a problem specific to Windows XP.
I have also done a gpupdate /force on both the server and the xp client PC.


Comment
Watch Question

Senior Solution Architect
Most Valuable Expert 2015
Top Expert 2015
Commented:

Author

Commented:
Thanx for replying, I'll try that out and get back to you  :)

Author

Commented:
It was permissions issues to the shares.
After I set the right permissions, it all worked perfectly.  :)
 

Author

Commented:
And Thankyou for the prompt reply.
I can go ahead and do the live migration now. It was the last issue I was having.