You have hired as a consultant for Mia Casa Foods. They make a variety of Mexican delicacies.
They have three offices: Los Angeles, NYC, and Mexico City. Their main office is Los Angeles.
In Los Angeles, they have 1500 employees, and this is the office that has had the most problems,
New York City has 200 users, and Mexico City has 350 users. Lately they have had security
and glitches in their active directory structure. The New York and Mexico City branches are
connected via a T1, because they do not need to communicate with each other only
occasionally. The Los Angeles is connected using a T3 connection, because this connection
supports an ecommerce webpage, for facilitating product ordering for clients. In Los Angeles,
they have trouble getting on the intranet website. In addition, they have intermittent success
with updating the anti-virus software. The Los Angeles office has had hackers in their systems,
and the IT people they have few ideas on how to stop them. They are concerned the anti-virus
software maybe too dated to cope with all the problems, and they would like your
recommendation on purchasing a new software. In addition, they would like to have your
recommendation on purchasing a hardware firewall. The one they have is also dated, bought
when the company was smaller, and was not as spread out as they are now. It maybe that
they need to revise the ACL (Access Control List) to accommodate the larger user base.
• Fix security issues
• Allow user to have access to the intranet webpage.
• Make recommendations for firewall upgrade, and ACL.
• Make recommendations for Anti-Virus software.
• Make recommendations on how to secure individual machines.
• Make recommendations on how to add more security to the webpage.
• Fix the problems with the intranet webpage.
• Fix the issue with updating their software.
• A Visio diagram of the company the way it is now, and how you are going to fix the problems.
• Explanation of how it works.
• Estimate of time needed to complete the needed upgrades.