I have a fairly fresh installation on SBS2008. The company web always displayed internally until today, the same time I was finally able to get it to be accessible via the Internet.
Here is what I have checked:
- I now cannot ping companyweb
- I can ping the host server of 10.0.0.50
- From the Internet, I can access the WSS site via https://remote.xxx:987
(I am pormopted for credentials and can get in and access WSS normally
- from the server I can access the Central administration home page, but when I try to access the Operations or Application Management tab, I get prompted for credentials and no set of credentials works
- From a client computer I cannot access the Central Administration site. I get IE cannot display this webpage, the same message I get when I try to view the CompanyWeb
- From the server I can ping Companyweb. When I browse to it in IE, I get prompted for credentials but no credentials work.
I think it may be an IIS and DNS issue, but I am not sure as I did not manually change any DNS records or change any default settings in IIS. In troubleshooting, I added a record called clientportal and added that to the bindings for companyweb in IIS, but that did not change anything. Any assistance in getting the CompanyWeb visible again is greatly appreciated.