Points of my scenario:
1. I have a Windows Server 2003 domain
2. I am the admin of this domain
3. Workstations run Windows XP Pro, SP3
4. All users have roaming profiles
ISSUE/PROBLEM-TO-SOLVE: I must find a way to limit the size of users' desktop folders to reduce profile size bloat.
Note the following:
1. I'm aware that the entire user profile size can be limited by GPO: but this is Not desired.
2. Folder redirection for the desktop is Not desired
3. Making the desktop folder excluded from the roaming profile is Not desired.
4. I am receptive to third-party options as a last resort.