Why Experts Exchange?

Experts Exchange always has the answer, or at the least points me in the correct direction! It is like having another employee that is extremely experienced.

Jim Murphy
Programmer at Smart IT Solutions

When asked, what has been your best career decision?

Deciding to stick with EE.

Mohamed Asif
Technical Department Head

Being involved with EE helped me to grow personally and professionally.

Carl Webster
CTP, Sr Infrastructure Consultant
Ask ANY Question

Connect with Certified Experts to gain insight and support on specific technology challenges including:

Professional Opinions
Ask a Question
Did You Know?

We've partnered with two important charities to provide clean water and computer science education to those who need it most. READ MORE

troubleshooting Question

DNS split zone

Avatar of D-CPA
D-CPA asked on
5 Comments1 Solution965 ViewsLast Modified:
We have a problem, we use different DNS Servers (windows and bind).

We need to override only one R-record in one external Zone and the rest should be forwarded. Like a local HOSTS-file.

I think we need a local zone file, but with only one record in it. So we would like to change the result of only one DNS-Address to an internal IP. Everything else should be forwarded like normal.

A solution for windows or bind should be fine.

Thanks in advance.
Avatar of Chris Dent
Chris DentFlag of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland imagePowerShell Developer
This problem has been solved!
Unlock 1 Answer and 5 Comments.
See Answers