Event ID 1022 and 9660 - Move Fails

fcporto71
fcporto71 used Ask the Experts™
on
Hello I am attemtping to move a mailbox in a cross forest situation.  I have moved 2 of the 3 mailboxes successfully already.  However I have one mailbox that seems to be failing with an EventID 1008 related to Exchange Migration with "The move-mailbox task for mailbox user' failed. Error: Failed to copy messages to the destination mailbox store with error:
MAPI or an unspecified service provider.
ID no: 00000000-0000-00000000.

One thing I'm noticing is that EventID 1022 and 9660 pop up every 5 mins in the Event Viewer associated with this same account that I'm trying to move.  The other 2 accounts did not have this issue.  I'm not sure what is causing this.  If anyone can help out it would be very appreciated.  This user has absolutely no connectivity to the server while this move is taking place.  So I'm not sure how these logon attempts are showing up and how it is that the other two accounts were moved without issues but this one won't.  Thanks again.
Comment
Watch Question

Do more with

Expert Office
EXPERT OFFICE® is a registered trademark of EXPERTS EXCHANGE®

Commented:
Here is an MS article on 9660 with recommendations:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821829

Event ID 1022:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555420

Hope it helps!

Author

Commented:
Jdtuck, thanks for the recommendation but it doesn't help.  For some reason while I'm moving the box something or someone is trying to logon to that user account.  Not sure how though because the user has no access to the server during the move.  By the way, I did forget to mention in the original post that this is from Exch 2007 to Exch 2007 servers.  Thanks again.

Author

Commented:
Here is some additional info:
EventID: 1022
Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Database" - Windows account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; mailbox /o=Twin Peaks Roofing/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=MigStub4976.
Error: 1292
Client Machine: TPR
Client Process: MSExchangeMailboxAssistants.exe
Client ProcessId: 0
Client ApplicationId: Client=MSExchangeMailboxAssistants;Action=EventDispatcher

EventID: 9660

User *******(/o=***********/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=MigStub4976) failed to log on because their mailbox is in the process of being moved.
OWASP: Forgery and Phishing

Learn the techniques to avoid forgery and phishing attacks and the types of attacks an application or network may face.

Commented:
Do you host a BES server where the admin or besadmin account might be trying to access the account to send the email?  There were no backups running at the same time, right?

Author

Commented:
That's correct, nothing else trying to access the accounts at the same time.  It's a bare bones installation with Exchange on it.  I'm moving it from a source Exchange 2007 server to a target Exchange 2007 server through a VPN connection and Domain Trust.  I also migrated this user using ADMT 3.0 prior to attemtping to move the mailbox.  
Manpreet SIngh KhatraSolutions Architect, Project Lead
Top Expert 2013

Commented:
Is the stores mounted on both sides .... is this a cross-forest move mailbox ??
Is the mailbox connected on the source database ??
What is the version of Exchange on both ends ??
Manpreet SIngh KhatraSolutions Architect, Project Lead
Top Expert 2013

Commented:
Is it one Exchaneg forest or 2 ??
Also what command are you trying ??
Is there any Windows 20000 GC on Source or Target forest ??
after you have sucessfully  connected to source mailbox  gathered scource information
and trrget information the move process LOCKS the source mailbox
at that point no user should be accessing the mailbox.
1).check if this is a group mailbox..
and users have added it on their outlook profile

2).if this is a user . they might have a a delegate who has opened their calender
   
 WORKAROUND:
you can create a new user.. disable current mailbox.. conect the mailbox to the new user
move to test user in destination.. the disconnect this mailbox from test and connect to appropriate  the user
account you migrated with ADMT



Thanks for all the replies guys.  I turns out it was a Storage Limits issue on the Target Server.  I changed the limits and it worked first time.  Thanks again.
Manpreet SIngh KhatraSolutions Architect, Project Lead
Top Expert 2013

Commented:
Cool ... thanks for sharing the end result and what ends well is always well :)
Awarded 2009
Top Expert 2010

Commented:
This question has been classified as abandoned and is being closed as part of the Cleanup Program.  See my comment at the end of the question for more details.

Do more with

Expert Office
Submit tech questions to Ask the Experts™ at any time to receive solutions, advice, and new ideas from leading industry professionals.

Start 7-Day Free Trial