Background: We set up IIFP and InterOrg free/busy tools between our AD and an acquisitions. Their AD accounts were migrated over to us using the ADMT. In their AD, the IIFP Galsync created Contact objects in an OU called Galsync off of their domain root.
We recently were able to get Quest Migration Manager, as the IIFP process had broken down and was out of date. With Quest's help, we set up AS sync jobs to replace the Galsync process. The destination "Galsync" OU in the acquisition AD no longer shows as a container, and instead shows as type "Unknown".
I have a backup of all of the contacts pre-sync job and want to restore them to a new OU over there. I cannot get rid of this Galsync container. I have tried taking Ownership, verifying my account has Full Control to it, deleting it in ADSIEdit. etc. I just want it gone so I restore the old contacts so their users will not get message failures.
Trying to delete in ADUC: "windows cannot delete object Galsync because: The specified directory service attribute does not exist".
Trying to delete in ADSIEdit: "The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist"