OK I'm having a problem and I a post online on citrix forums with very good explanation so I'm going to paste it here:
Users running published Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) and trying to launch an UNC path from an embedded link and get the following error (See attached jpg)
Windows cannot find '(null)' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.
The UNC path is still opening, but not without the error.
Here are our findings:
IE6 works fine.
IE7 have the issue.
IE8 have the issue.
- The issue is only if IE8 is a published application.
- It works very fine in a published desktop.
- There is no problem on the console or with RDP desktop.
- Testing with local administrator rights returns the same error.
- Blocking GPO's and new profile result in the same error.
- map their sessions ti the same drive dose not seem to fix the issue - since they still can open the folder when they click on the link which means that mapping is OK.