I am about to develop a booking system in ASP, jQuery, and SQL.
I would like to hear opinions, warnings, and of course code and sql examples are welcome.
The task is:
- Sign up/approve, block, edit users, and delete them again.
- Create and modify booking calendars (room)
- Overrule users, and do the same as the users
- Be able to enter days where you can't reserve (days closed).
- Book a specific item (spinbike) in a specific calendar (room), one hour at a time.
- Book more than one item (spinbike) in the same specific calendar (room), one hour at a time.
- Make the booking reocurr (e.g. each Monday) every week until a specific date.
- Is only able to reserve already free spaces (you book one hour at a time)
- See a list of bookings (date, time, item)
To do the booking, a datepicker in jQuery would be good, but it should also match with the dates blocked by the administrator. I am not sure how to handle this.
I am still in the beginning of this process - maybe a lot more ideas will come up in near future and a long the way! That also makes it difficult to give out points, but I will give points to the most qualified and reasoned posts.