I have one office location on our network where all of the sudden users are not able to authenticate to the domain on newly imaged (XP Pro) computers. Before I send the computer I logon as the specific user, map commonly used drives, and connect Outlook to their Exchange mailbox without any problems.
Once the computer is connected at the user's desk they cannot access anything on the domain. The System event viewer shows errors 40960 and 40961 (Source - LsaSrv, Category - SPNEGO (Negotiator)).
What makes this even more perplexing to me is that I can remote to the machine and open mapped drives (on their local server) using my (domain) Admin credentials. The server in that office is running Windows Server 2003.
This problem does not happen when I send computers to other office locations on our network(different states).
Through remote session I have tried removing the computer from the domain (place it in a Workgroup) and then re-join to the domain. No luck. Same problem.
I have also compared LAN/TCP IP property settings to other computers in different offices on our network and cannot see any descrepencies between the one that cannot authenticate.
I am baffled.