SharePoint Events not Firing
Posted on 2010-08-12
I am trying to get Event Handlers to run on a WSS 3.0 server I have for testing. For any event handler I write, it does not seem that the event is "firing". Greatly simplified the effort and went back to the tutorials that start with writting a receiver for the ItemDeleting Action on an Annoucement list.
Here is what I know:
- The code compiles without error, and is registered successfully in the GAC.
- Feature.xml and Elements.xml are correct, and contain a GUID and the Public key back to the .dll.
- Feature installs and activates without problem with stsadm.exe.
- The Feature Admin Tool (codeplex) correctly shows the Feature is on the farm
- Event Handler Explorer (codeplex) correct shows the handler as being attached to my annoucement list.
- no errors in the event log
Found some references to events having to be turned on in Central Admin; however none of the "step-by-step" procedures got me to a setting. Best I could find was the setting for backwards compatibilty with the 2.0 events...
It really appears that the event is just not firing. Any thoughts/suggestions/clues?