I have recently been told by my shared host that they cannot host websites with databases >500MB. I am therefore looking for a new host, able to handle a medium sized/ growing drupal site (and potentially some other, smaller sites).
The site has a mysql database c. 1.2 GB and growing. Around 1 - 3k unique users/ day. The site is low bandwidth, but relatively database intensive. It is likely to grow further in size/ traffic over coming months.
I am trying to identify a managed host that is reliable and scalable and struggling to find much in between enterprise level/ cost solutions and very cheap shared solutions (not that I am ruling either of these out).
Key things I need or want include:
- Fully managed, I don't want to configure servers myself.
- Supports Linux/ Apache/ Mysql/ PHP. Works well with Drupal sites.
- Able to handle large databases, with speed & high performance.
- Ideally scalable, so solution will be able to handle much more size/ traffic. Or with a simple upgrade path (eg to dedicated server) as the site grows.
- Very good administrative interface, ideally cpanel.
- Very reliable, responsive tech support.
- Cost is a factor, but willing to pay for good solution that justifies the cost.
Very grateful for any positive (or negative) recommendations on specific hosts or any general advice or pointers. Thanks