How do I resolve the HTTP Error Code 405 in Dreamweaver CS5?
Posted on 2010-08-15
It feels like I've tried everything to get this solved yet the problem remains.
I am trying to establish a connection between Dreamweaver CS5 and my remote database. I have IIS installed and it is running fine. When I go to select "Recordset" under the Database menu in Dreamweaver and hit "Test" to test the connection, it gives me:
HTTP Error Code 405 Method Not Allowed
I have searched high and low for a solution to this and implemented nearly everything I've found, including:
1) Adding my IP address to the allowable IPs in my remote mysql admin panel
2) Changing permissions of the folders on my local machine (IUSR and other groups)
3) Trying to connect to my database in Dreamweaver CS3 - no success.
4) Disabled "Friendly Error Messages" in Internet Explorer to get a better idea of what this error means (to no avail, same error keeps popping up)
5) Made sure I could connect to my database using alternate means - I can through a shell and other programs.
6) Installed a "workaround" given by Adobe on their website. It hasn't worked.
7) Made sure I entered my database information into the appropriate fields correctly. Check.
I don't know what choices or solutions may be left to me.
Windows Vista 64-bit Home Premium, Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 8.0.6
Losing hair follicles by the minute.
Can anyone give a helpful, detailed answer as to what may be wrong?
If I've left any details out, I'll be sure to supply them in my next response.