Here it goes:
Clinton Electronics DVR Cricket in a decentralized network behind a Comcast Router with a Linksys SR216 16 Port switch. DVR has been assigned a public static ip.
The first DVR worked without issue for 5-6 months. We had to replace it due to a completely non-networking related issue. Replacement DVR had non latest update and latest update and still experienced the same following issue:
After X period of time [and this varies from 3-4 HRS up to 2-3 days] the video is no longer able to be viewed over the internet [internal to LAN or external over WAN]. The following has been done:
1. Comcast replaced cable modem/Router to newer 22mbps/5mbps router.
2. Have inserted privately assigned static IP's [192.168.1.x] with port forwarding of traffic [80 & 7000] to that static ip.
3. Comcast reconfigured cable modem such that the public static ip now appears behind and in front of the cable modem.
4. Whenever a change a network change is made [ie - insert new ip address] the DVR will work for a while; then the same issue occurs.
5. There are no firewalls, antivirus software interfering in this instance.
6. DVR itself works fine as you plug a monitor into the DVR and it's streaming just fine.
Any ideas? Potential Comcast bandwidth issue?