We are a 20-man marketing agency looking for a way to improve the way we track our projects and billings. At the moment, our projects are tracked in a WSS 3.0 list with about 15 fields. Fields include:
Type of deliverable
Any other remarks
Path to network drive where project files are kept
From this simple list, we rely on a few different views for our daily work:
1) MY ACTIVE JOBS: Show records where [Project Manager] is "me" AND Job is NOT completed
2) JOBS THAT ARE READY TO BILL: Show records where [invoice status] is "proceed to invoice"
3) JOBS THAT ARE STALLED: Show records where [start date] is more than 6 months
4) AS A KNOWLEDGE BASE: Show all previous projects where [type of deliverable] = "event invitation letter" (e.g.)
Here's my question:
1) We frequently get requests where our clients will say issue a single purchase order for (say) $2000. We then have to work off that purchase order over several jobs. However, while I can create a list to track purchase orders, I can't assign projects under a purchase order. Using a lookup field in the PROJECT list to assign it to a purchase order is not feasible since we already have thousands of purchase orders.
In addition, the sharepoint list is getting large. We already have a couple of thousand projects, with about 200 active projects at any one time.
What we need is the option to add the "Purchase Order" object, and grow from there to include more entities such as:
CAN WSS 3.0 DO THIS? IF NOT, CAN SHAREPOINT 2010 DO THIS?