I am writing a VB.Net application that lists all the groups (190+) and their corresponding members from our OU and its subOUs. However, after trying VB.Net DirectorySearcher and an additional 4-6 different vbscripts I am incurring the same problem. I have a group (sqlServer) that is showng to be empty, even though it has a user acount (userSQL) if I check it manually. The subOU that holds sqlServer has another two groups, sqlAgent and sqlText, that both have userSQL as their only member and the scripts list userSQL. I do not understand why userSQL is listed for the first 2 groups and not the third. I have manually checked 30+ groups and this is the only anomaly so far. I didn't post any code since it is happening with 6 different scripts. Thanks.
P.S. I woud prefer to not remove/insert the user because of that group's function.