I know this may be hard to track down, because I cannot share the actual site, but any ideas on this puzzler could be helpful!
We have an internal website which uses Windows Authentication when visited. For all other users I've tested, the site opens fine, authentication works, first time, every time.
For me, if I open the site, I initially get a 404 error that the site does not exist, but then if I try the link again, it works (*cant refresh, have to retry the link/favorite). If I close IE, and retry the page, I get the 404 again...
The 404 is:
- The selected page "/misc_folder/project=index.html" is not available on this server.
Also, after retrying and opening the website, I noticed Windows Authentication is not working, and I have to logon each time.
I've tried a variety of IE settings, along with a REIS reset of IE 8, no help. Firewall is fully disabled on the domain. Sorry, I cant say how the site is developed...
My PC: Windows 7 x32, Internet Explorer 8.