I purchased a new server (Windows 2008-R2 Standard Full version) and Exchange 2010. It will arrive in a couple of weeks. Nothing is being migrated. It's all new.
On a spare non-production computer, I have installed Windows 2008-R2 Standard Full Version on th e C:\ drive. I will eventually install Exchange Server 2010 on the D:\ drive.
The setup screen is asking me to select server roles and features. I am not familair with all of them and can only go by what is running on my existing windows 2000 server computer.
Here is what I would like to do:
1) Share folders containing word and excel documents with all users
2) Allow remote access to users to vpn to shared folders on the server
3) Allow remote access to users to view there own desktop computers and edit files on there own C:\ drive
4) Send/receive e-mail with Exchange Server 2010
5) Allow users remote access to e-mail (Outlook Web Access)
6) Server is DHCP Server
7) Server is Wins Server
8) Server is DNS Server
9) Server runs smtp service
10) Server is the Domain Controller
In order for me to accomplish the above, what server role / feature do you recommend?
My users will be using Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010
in a Windows XP Pro, windows Vista Pro, Windows 7 Pro environment.
Thanks for your help!