SBS2003 License Resetting

I have a SBS2003 network that is consistently having licensing issues.  We have 20 licenses and the system keeps resetting to 5 licenses.   I have followed the instructions provided in another question for restoring the license (licstr.cps) and I have written a script that performs those tasks when needed.  I have double checked the Anti-Virus (Sophos) and made an exclusion on the system32 folder.
 
Are there any other thoughts/insights on what may be causing the licensing to be reset?
(Here’s the error message)

Error Msg:License usage for product Windows Server is nearing the maximum number of per server licenses purchased. Consult Licensing from the Administrative Tools folder for more information.
LVL 6
ButlerTechnologyAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Webinar] Streamline your web hosting managementRegister Today

x
 
Will SzymkowskiConnect With a Mentor Senior Solution ArchitectCommented:
Take a look at this kb artical as it will give you 3 methods of correcting this issue.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888818

Hope this helps~!
0
 
ButlerTechnologyAuthor Commented:
The article handles the correction of the issue very nicely and I have used all three methods with success.  I'm hoping to uncover why it is constantly is going back to the default licensing.  It has occurred three times today and I would anticipate it happening again.
0
 
ButlerTechnologyAuthor Commented:
I re-read the KB article and realized that I didn't do a transfer (as suggested) and that I simply put the licenses back into play.  The transfer apears to be working as we have been stable for 18 hours
0
All Courses

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.