Even after reviewing the Autodiscover settings to enter the settings correctly, it seems that my Outlook Anywhere settings for remote users keep resetting to the incorrect options. When remote users on Outlook 2007 or 2010 have Outlook Anywhere manually configured as follows:
- Connect to MS Exchange using HTTP Enabled
- Use this URL to connect to my proxy server: 'http://mail.company.com'
- Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name (unchecked)
- Authentication: basic
This is how it is setup manually and works great. However after authenticating, if the person closes Outlook and opens it back up, it pulls in the default settings that seem to be somewhere on the server. These settings also keep updating local clients (even though I try to disable Outlook Anywhere locally). These settings are similar, however, it instead has:
- Use this URL to connect to my proxy server 'SERVERNAME01'
- Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their cert 'mail.domain.com'
Obviously, they cannot see the actual servername to connect to this server since they are not in the local environment. I cannot figure out where these settings are pulling from (AutoDiscover? the Certificate?).
Any idea where this can be changed?