I have a user who insists on having his email forwarded to an external email address. It was working fine until about a week ago when we discovered that it was forwarding internal mail to the external address,*@gmail.com, but not external mail addressed to him.
First thing I did was to delete the mail enabled contact and recreate it. That had no effect, didn't make the issue worse but it didn't make it better. I also ran the EXBPA on the Exchange server. All it returned was an unrecognized signature. I followed MS's instructions on the matter and accomplished nothing. Error remains and I am not sure if it effects anything at all. I went ahead and appied rollup package 4. Now user is getting 2 copies of the email from internal but still no external mail forwarded to his gmail account. I decided to setup my generic IS email account, where I have all the warnings sent, to forward email. Created the mail enabled contact, set the attribute in the mailbox to forward and I am getting nothing.
Windows Srever 2008 R2
Vipre for Exchange Security