I’d like to know what is the best practice of managing CISCO switch and router access control list (ACL)?
I’m now connecting using the blue console cable into the device and then use putty to connect to the console COM1.
1. I enable logging then “show run”
2. Keeps pressing the keyboard to go ahead the “- - more- - “ delimiter
3. Open Notepad then edit the log to remove the “- - more - - “ keyword
4. Make necessary changes
5. Quickly Select 15 lines then Copy paste into the conf-t prompt (to reduce the input buffer limit and avoid timeout)
6. Make sure that there is no spacing or copy paste error in the step above then “write mem”.
I wonder if there is a smarter or safest way in doing this to manage large scale network ? copy pasting hundreds of line and verifying it one by one through putty and pressing the keyboard is too cumbersome.
Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.