Want to protect your cyber security and still get fast solutions? Ask a secure question today.Go Premium

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 536
  • Last Modified:

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers

Experts-

Win2K3 fully patched
IIS 6
ActiveState perl 5.12.x

I have a web page built by someone who no longer works for our company. The server the site lived on crashed, so I had to recreate the server (IIS 6), then bring the page back from backup. Now when I navigate to the home page it loads as expected but when I navigate to subpages I am thrown this error- "The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers"

One thing I have noticed is on one of the pages that will not load (see code insert) I do not see the File-Copy or  CGI-Carp qw modules listed as installed in the package manager. When I attempt to load the modules they are not listed as an option to install. Would this be the problem?

I am new to Perl so please be through and detailed.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.
use strict;
use warnings;
use CGI;
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);
use Win32::Internet;
use Mime::Lite;
use Cwd;
use File::Copy;

Open in new window

0
Sandbar09
Asked:
Sandbar09
1 Solution
 
gilemCommented:
There is really not enough information to answer this question.  In IIS, the errors should show up in the Event Log.

The easiest way to debug it is to run it from the command line, so you can see the errors, or look in the error log.
0
 
Sandbar09Author Commented:
I figured this out on my own. 18 painful hours later... here was what solved the issue for me and hopefully someone can use this solution as well.

Start->Settings->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Internet Services
Manager.

Then expand the tree until you see "Default Web Site" and right-click on it and select Properties. Then select the "Home Directory" tab, then click on the "Configuration."

Now you'll see the "Application Configuration" dialog, where the "App Mappings" tab should be active. Scroll through the list and find the one for ".pl" and ".CGI" then edit each one.

You will want to keep the file path, but change the perl.exe to "perlis.dll". And remove the "%$" after the file name.

you will also change your "Web Service Extensions" from \perl\bin "%s" %s to \perl\bin\perlis.dll

Save your changes and then restart your web server to ensure the changes take affect.
0

Featured Post

Industry Leaders: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now