Been battling with a problem where Out of Office Assistant does not fire up on Outlook 2007 clients on my 2008SBS domain.
During my research I found a thread on another forum where a guy had exactly the same problem as me and he eventually found the cure himself. The frustrating thing is that his description of what he did to fix it doesn't make sense when I try to follow his steps so was wondering if someone could get a grasp of what he meant and translate it into Server 2008 SBS steps please....
Okay...this is embarasing!
It was something that I checked but "took my glasses off" - apparently.
On the Virtual Directories within IIS if you go to Properties and then
Directory Security and then go to the Secure Communications area and click
on Edit... button you need to make sure that the "Ignore Client
Certificates" radio button is selected -AND NOT- "Accept Client
This came from opening up
https://mail.mydomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml and getting that
prompt that I mentined about a 'select a certificate' - but there was no
certificate to choose! I simply hit okay and then put in the credentials.
Well, when I did this with MS-PSS he knew exactly what the issue was....